Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Off to Denver!

Not much to say from me and Regina this week. Like about 2000 other writers, we're off to Denver, Colorado for the Romance Writers of America's annual National Conference. We’ll be attending workshops on everything to do with the writing biz, from craft to business to maintaining health while parked in front of a computer for long periods of time (a definite occupational hazard.) We'll be seeing old friends and making new ones...but most important of all, we’ll be seeing each other! It’s not easy to see one of your dearest friends only once a year, but we manage to cram a lot of talking into the 4 ½ or so days we have together.
Stay tuned till next week, when we’ll have a full report. And now, I had better go finish packing because I’m outta here bright and early...

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Well! Welcome to Denver- sorry it's so HOT. Hope you're keeping cool. If you decide to venture out a little from the Sheraton you can check me out. My salon is naturally cool and you can get some nice manicure/pedicure services in the bargain. Check out http://evelyns-nailsforlife.blogspot.com which is my blog website for my salon. If you give me a ring I can tell you about my location and availability. I don't consider myself a Romance Writer but I have known about their organization for many years and am a great fan of Debbie Macomber who I'm certain will be giving a seminar or something. She's VERY popular so be sure to check her out!
Have a wonderful time ! The Castle Lady aka Evelyn Wallace

Maryanne Fantalis said...

Ack! I wish I'd known! I didn't attend this year but because I live close, I spent the morning at the Peet's coffee in the lobby of the Sheraton writing with an RWA friend of mine from out of town. I would have loved to meet you! Maybe next year -- RWA 2019 in NYC!

Marissa Doyle said...

I wish I'd seen these comments sooner...

We had a great time--I liked Denver a lot. We didn't go to the Peet's but grabbed a breakfast or two a bit further down at the Corner Bakery. Definitely be in NYC in 2019!