Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Fly the Friendly Skies...of the Aerostation Company?

I don't have a lot to say in this week's post, because really, there's not much I can add to this item from the July 30, 1825 edition of The Mirror of Literature, Amusement, and Instruction, a London publication that was a sort of Reader's Digest of the day, including snippets from other publications as well as original material. I've posted some amusing bits from them before; but air travel in particular seems to have been a popular theme with their editors, as this article demonstrates. I thought it would be more fun to show you the original, so here you go!


Well, that's one way to avoid the problem of airline food...

And speaking of technological advances, even history bloggers have to keep up with them. I'm happy to report that you can now find ALL my e-books for sale on GooglePlay...and that includes a short story I just released, just for the fun of it, titled Family Reunion. Of course you can also find Family Reunion in all the other usual sales outlets--Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Kobo--as well.

2 comments:

QNPoohBear said...

Well, basically they were on the right track-just about 100 years early. I would probably never travel if I lived back then since I get motion sickness. Air travel 1825 sounds just as bad. I am grateful technology has evolved so we're not flying around in hot air balloons.

Marissa Doyle said...

I love reading about how air travel was envisioned in those days--the stopping at inns for lunch, just like stage coaches... :)