Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Sharing a Love for History, One Meme at a Time

You have seen some of Marissa’s wonderful graphics for her The Ladies of Almack’s Series. I am just not that talented. My skills are very focused in the realm of the written word. But my awesome author assistant, Isabella LaVey, had an idea (two of them, actually), and we’ve come up with something we hope is a little fun.

History is amazing.

Well, yes, of course it is. You knew that, or you probably wouldn’t have read our books or this blog. But there are so many fascinating tidbits to ooh and aah over. Like these.




And then, there is the marvelous language of the Regency period. Again, Marissa trumps me there with her Such Language! posts. But here are a couple of contributions of my and Isabella's.


 

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn’t include this Star Wars/Regency mash up, celebrating May the Fourth or Star Wars Day.


The words are mine, but the graphics are courtesy of Isabella. She rocks. I thought she deserved to know it. And now you do too. If you want to see more of her work, follow me on Instagram. There will be more this month and in the months to follow.

No comments: