Thursday, December 3, 2009

Special Announcement: Will you give me the honor of this dance?

Our friend Gail Eastwood, who brought us the wonderful series on Regency period dancing some months back, sent us this note which may be of interest to readers in the New York/New England area:

On Sunday, December 13 there will be a tea dance to celebrate the 234th anniversary of Jane Austen's birth ( a few days early). Dance historian Susan de Guardiola from Connecticut will teach country dances of the era plus the Boulanger, the Country Bumpkin, and Sir Roger de Coverley --maybe even a cotillion or quadrille. Period costume is encouraged and admired but not required, and period refreshments will be served.

The time and location: 1-4pm, at Goff Hall, 124 Bay State Road, Rehoboth, Massachusetts

A map and directions are at: www.contradancelinks.com/rehoboth_map.html

For more info, email me (geastokes@aol.com) or Liefe Wheeler (liefe@comcast.net)


If anyone attends, you MUST send us pictures!

6 comments:

ChaChaneen said...

Oh bummer, how I wished I lived near it. I would lurve to attend!

QNPoohBear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
QNPoohBear said...

*squeal* That's really close to where I live and if I'm good and finish my final exam and if I can get a ride, then I will go and take lots of pictures!

QNPoohBear said...

I'm definitely able to go and will take as many pictures as I can and post them on my blog with a full report!

Marissa Doyle said...

Ooh, so glad to hear you can go! Yes, lots of pictures, please!!

QNPoohBear said...

I'm back! It was fun and not as easy as it looks. They hope to do it again in the spring and I hope more of you can join the fun.