Friday, May 10, 2019

Four Things on a Friday


Hello, my dears! Several things related to the nineteenth century have come across my desk or screen recently, and I thought I would share them with you.

This post by Susanna Ives details information on nursing your nineteenth-century infant. Loved the pictures of the baby bottles! 

I have a board on Regency pets on Pinterest now. The 90 pictures are portraits and other paintings from the late eighteenth century/early nineteenth century, showing pets of some kind, including dogs, cats, birds, and--yes Marissa--bunnies. 

A very talented group of authors has created a wonderful resource to find romance novels written by writers of color. You can sort by theme or time period. Here’s the historical romance section. You might just find your next great read!

Eight authors of sweet but sizzling Regency romance have banded together to host Regency Kisses: Lady Catherine’s Salon, a Facebook group for readers. Join Gail Eastwood, Charlotte Henry, Mary Kingswood, Martine Roberts, Anna St. Claire, Catherine Tinley, Lynn Winchester, and yours truly. In fact, I’ll be the featured author Monday, May 13, through Friday, May 17, 2019.

And speaking of Friday, I am heading off today to Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands to the north of me. I hope to come back with many more historical insights to share.

Happy Friday!

No comments: