Friday, October 11, 2019

Glamping in the Trees: Storybook Perfect!


I recently had a birthday, turning over another decade. And I wanted to do something special. Some poking around for opportunities led me and my husband into the woods to the north of us, to Treehouse Place at Deer Ridge, near Lake Stevens, Washington. I thought you might get as big a kick out of visiting as I did.

To start out, the approach to the house begins on Sasquatch Lane. (Big fan of Sasquatch, the Ape Man of the Northwest—have been since I was a kid.)

You climb up through the trees on a lighted path.

Until you see the house.










Now, it’s not completely up in the trees, but it’s on the edge of a hill, so the view out truly makes you feel as if you were singing with the birds.


Inside, it’s a darling cabin. Here's the main floor. Yes, that’s a soaker tub.



Bedroom.


An Alexa is available to dim the lights for you. My husband and I got a big kick out of telling her what to do and asking questions. She answered my husband back more than she did me. Hmmm. 

If you need more to stimulate you, nearby Lake Stevens is gorgeous too!


Treehouse Place at Deer Ridge is on Airbnb and was mentioned in USA Today. If you’re in the area, I highly recommend. For this writer, it was storybook perfect. 😊

No comments: